- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked red potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add carrots and celery; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the potatoes, corn, tomato sauce, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain pasta and add to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stovetop Hamburger Casserole
Sort By :
"This needed adjustment. There was not enough liquid. I added two cans of beef broth and another can of tomato sauce. Also I added more seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, chili powder and more salt & pepper. This actually turned out quite good ,my husband liked it. This made a lot , good inexpensive meal for a big family . I did just use one lb. of ground chuck as that is what I had on hand.2"
"Good with the red merlot"
"Just plain and not good."
"Tasty...would add more sauce."
"Very average hamburger casserole and bland with one too many starches. Many more like this out there that are better than this, to go to this expense for a marginal recipe."