Stovetop Hamburger Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked red potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add carrots and celery; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the potatoes, corn, tomato sauce, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain pasta and add to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stovetop Hamburger Casserole(7)
Sort By :
I didn't care for this dish..... I'm not sure why because it sounds fantastic, but it just didn't taste good to me. Maybe if the potatoes were browned more like a hash rather than boiled. I must say that this is the first Taste of Home recipe I have tried that I didn't care for.
Very tasty. I only had 20 oz. ground turkey on hand, so I added 2 beef boullion cubes to it as it browned. And I always season my meat with salt and pepper as it's browning. I also salted my pasta water and potato water (I cooked them in water). We have a kid who needs more salt in her diet - go figure! Anyway, turned out great. Will definitely make again. The pepper that was added at the end seemed right to us.
I love this recipe .My whole family love it I would not change anything .It's a keeper
it was a very tasty and easy recipie. we like dishes with a little more zing so next time i will add cayenne pepper or for tonight we added a little frank's hot sauce and that did the trick. i also prepared the pasta one the side and next time i will not use pasta at all. the potatoes provide enough carbs. overall a great comfort food dish.
I have been cooking for 36 years and have made a lot of hamburger casseroles. This is one of the best I've made. It has all basic stuff but somehow it has such a wonderful blend of flavors. My whole family loved it but no one more than me and I'm not easily impressed!
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Budget Ground Beef Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Corn Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Italian Casseroles >