- 1 package (7 ounces) small pasta shells
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups cubed cooked red potatoes
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add carrots and celery; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Stir in the potatoes, corn, tomato sauce, salt and pepper; heat through. Drain pasta and add to skillet; toss to coat. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stovetop Hamburger Casserole
Sort By :
"Just made this for dinner tonight. I agree it is dry. Will add more sauce and other spices when I try again. If that doesn't work, won't bother again."
"Very bland, and not nearly enough liquid. I would agree with others that there are so many more skillet recipes out there that are far better. To fix this one would take a major overhaul."
"It sounded ok when I read it, but after reading the reviews I probably won't make it."
"This needed adjustment. There was not enough liquid. I added two cans of beef broth and another can of tomato sauce. Also I added more seasonings, Worcestershire sauce, hot pepper sauce, chili powder and more salt & pepper. This actually turned out quite good ,my husband liked it. This made a lot , good inexpensive meal for a big family . I did just use one lb. of ground chuck as that is what I had on hand.2"
"Good with the red merlot"