Stovetop Ham and Penne
A tangy garlic sauce pleasantly coats tender pasta and flavorful ham in this stovetop classic.—Mary Bryant, Stanwood, Washington
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 5 to 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine or tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan,
- saute onions and garlic in butter and oil until tender. Stir in the
- remaining ingredients; heat through. Drain pasta and place in a
- bowl; add ham mixture and gently toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.