- 12 ounces uncooked penne pasta
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 5 to 7 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup cubed cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup cubed Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup white wine or tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, saute onions and garlic in butter and oil until tender. Stir in the remaining ingredients; heat through. Drain pasta and place in a bowl; add ham mixture and gently toss to coat. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Ham and Penne in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p81
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stovetop Ham and Penne
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review