Stovetop Goulash Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- 1. Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add mixed vegetables, soup, water, onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- 2. Meanwhile, heat potatoes according to package directions. Serve with goulash. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups goulash with 1 cup potatoes equals 605 calories, 22 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,425 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Stovetop Goulash
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.