I created this recipe after trying goulash at a local restaurant. The blend of spices gives it great flavor, and it’s so easy on a weeknight! —Karen Schelert, Portland, OR
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink;
- drain. Add mixed vegetables, soup, water, onion, Worcestershire
- sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer,
- uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat potatoes according to package directions. Serve with
- goulash. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot