- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add mixed vegetables, soup, water, onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat potatoes according to package directions. Serve with goulash. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stovetop Goulash
"They say the way to a man's heart is via their stomach. So true! I was in love with my wife as a person before, during and after this recipe she made exclusively for my grouchy stomach. After the meal, I also fell in love with her as a chef all over again. ;-DP.S. I did end up adding a couple of spicy spices to the dish. I prefer my food with lots of heat.Thank you for sharing this recipe! :)"
"I tried this last night. The cinnamon gives it such a unique flavor. Will definitely make again."
"I don't get why people get so upset about what recipe donors call their recipes. It does not matter if it called a goulash or whatever,it is up to them what they want to call it. I just think it is a great recipe no matter what it is called."
"Easy to make at the last minute....awesome taste!! Loved it!! Passed this on to many friends! Would be good served over noodles too!"
"This is quick to put together and really flavorful. We thought the cinnamon added a nice touch. Served it over rice and everyone enjoyed it."