I created this recipe after trying goulash at a local restaurant. The blend of spices gives it great flavor, and it’s so easy on a weeknight! —Karen Schelert, Portland, Oregon
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add mixed vegetables, soup, water, onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat potatoes according to package directions. Serve with goulash. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Goulash in Simple & Delicious April/May 2013, p25
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stovetop Goulash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review