- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 cup water
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (24 ounces) refrigerated mashed potatoes
- Cook beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add mixed vegetables, soup, water, onion, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Meanwhile, heat potatoes according to package directions. Serve with goulash. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Stovetop Goulash
Sort By :
"This is quick to put together and really flavorful. We thought the cinnamon added a nice touch. Served it over rice and everyone enjoyed it."
"I thought this was pretty good,my family enjoyed it. I love one pot meals. I was reading other reviews and one said it shouldn't be called hungarian goulash,it's not, it's called stovetop goulash."
"Good recipe, quick and easy. In the future, will omit cinnamon and use 1 can of soup and 1 can of tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes."
"iteach 5, it should not be called Hungarian Goulash,since it is so far away from it and not even comes close. Maybe ground beef stew? It would be a good recipe with this name."
"I made this for dinner tonight. I ran out of tomato soup so I had to substitute with one 8 oz can tomato sauce and 1 can of tomato paste and a tb of brown sugar. It was okay we placed it over egg noodles but it would be good on a bun."