With nothing in mind for dinner, I just started messing around, and this meal-in-one was created. My entire family enjoys it! —Connie Jonas, Eugene, Oregon
- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and mustard. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, onion, milk and bacon; stir in green beans. Pour over chicken; top with stuffing. Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Chicken 'n' Stuffing in Simple & Delicious March/April 2009, p29
Reviews for Stovetop Chicken 'n' Stuffing
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review