- 1 package (6 ounces) corn bread stuffing mix
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 2/3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) cut green beans, drained
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, salt and mustard. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, combine the soup, onion, milk and bacon; stir in green beans. Pour over chicken; top with stuffing. Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stovetop Chicken 'n' Stuffing
Sort By :
"Made this tonight and the husband said it's a keeper! I used 3 pretty large breasts, added a few seasonings, and used Stovetop Chicken stuffing. It was great, but I would probably tweak the seasonings again to our taste (less salt, and maybe spicy!) and only use one can of green beans. This was a large meal for 2 people! Add a salad and rolls and it's wonderful for a simple, impressive meal."
"Even the 5 year old ate it! Only used 1 can of green beans and a bit more cheese. easy and tasty."
"Make ahead and freeze for busy night dinners."
"This was like a green bean casserole with chicken! It was delicious! Check out my full review: http://heatskitchen.blogspot.com/2013/08/chicken-stuffing-skillet.html"
"What a creative way to put a chicken and stuffing dish together! It makes it more appealing to certain family members. Way to go! My family prefers bread stuffing over cornbread unfortunately, so I used Stovetop's bread stuffing, and only 1 can of green beans. I added a dash of Tony Chachere's Spice seasoning to the flour which adds a little kick to the chicken. Thanks for sharing and keep creating!"