For a lip-smacking change from plain brats, Darcy Dougherty of Postville, Iowa combines them with green beans and a mild cheese sauce for a swift skillet supper. "I round out the menu with cauliflower cashew salad and brownies for dessert," she relates.
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 pound Johnsonville® Smoked Brats, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cups frozen cut green beans
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 6 cups hot cooked noodles
- In a large saucepan, combine the milk and soup until blended. Add bratwurst and beans. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until heated through. Stir in cheese until melted. Serve over noodles. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Stovetop Bratwurst Dinner in Quick Cooking March/April 2005, p40
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stovetop Bratwurst Dinner
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review