Stovetop Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen Yankee pot roast skillet dinner
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the pot roast dinner, tomatoes, broth, wine, celery, pepper and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- 2. Stir in peas and onions; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until onions are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Stouffer's Skillets Yankee Pot Roast.
1-3/4 cups: 263 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 1274mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.
Reviews for Stovetop Beef Stew
"beef stew is not normally my favourite, but this one turns out beautifully. It's one we'll make many more times and we'll be keeping the recipe."