Stovetop Beef Stew Recipe
Mitzi Sentiff of Annapolis, Maryland uses a packaged pot roast dinner jazzed up with a few additional ingredients to give it that slow-cooked flavor. “You might think this is too good to be true, but believe it,” writes Mitzi. “Serve it with a salad or veggie side dish and dinner rolls for a complete and delicious meal.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen Yankee pot roast skillet dinner
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the pot roast dinner, tomatoes, broth, wine, celery, pepper and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- 2. Stir in peas and onions; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until onions are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC