Stovetop Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen Yankee pot roast skillet dinner
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the pot roast dinner, tomatoes, broth, wine, celery, pepper and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- 2. Stir in peas and onions; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until onions are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Editor's Note: This recipe was tested with Stouffer's Skillets Yankee Pot Roast.
1-3/4 cups: 263 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 1274mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 5g fiber), 13g protein.