Stovetop Beef Stew Recipe
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen Yankee pot roast skillet dinner
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with roasted garlic, undrained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or additional reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen peas and pearl onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the pot roast dinner, tomatoes, broth, wine, celery, pepper and marjoram. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Stir in peas and onions; cook 7-9 minutes longer or until onions are tender. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stovetop Beef Stew(1)
Sort By :
Beef stew is not normally my favourite, but this one turns out beautifully. It's one we'll make many more times and we'll be keeping the recipe.