- 1-1/2 cups uncooked medium pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (15 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain.
- Stir in the tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture and heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Stovetop Beef 'n' Shells
Sort By :
I added a little more garlic and some fresh parsley. Very tasty!
Love this recipe. So quick and easy. Since we are not big meat eaters I use only 1/2 lb. ground beef and add more pasta. I make a pound of pasta and add to meat mixture the amount of cooked pasta that looks good to me. I also substitute 1 tsp basil, 1/2 tsp oregano, & 1/2 tsp of thyme for the sugar, pepper and salt. So quick and so good!
Just like hamburger helper but much healthier. This recipe made our make-again list!
instead of the corn use mexi corn and use green pepper a little tex mex flavor/itailan
I made almost this same recipe, but it's called Southwestern Goulash. It has a few more seasonings and adds corn. I just can't seem to get much flavor in it, and the family didn't like it. I feel like it's missing something that would make it taste better but not sure what...