Stovetop Baked Beans Recipe
Molasses really comes through in this big batch of sweet baked beans shared by our Test Kitchen. The recipe cooks quickly on the stove and makes enough for a picnic or barbecue. Or save the leftovers to use in the next two recipes.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 cans (15-1/2 ounces each) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cans (8 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup molasses
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 to 1-1/2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in oil. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 8-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Stovetop Baked Beans in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p16
Reviews for Stovetop Baked Beans(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review