Stout and Brown Sugar Ice Cream Shakes
2 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup stout beer
- Whipped cream and crushed pretzels
- Place the milk, cream cheese, brown sugar, vanilla and salt in a
- blender; cover and process until smooth. Add cream; process on low
- speed just until combined.
- Fill cylinder of ice cream freezer; freeze according to
- manufacturer's directions. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze
- for 4 hours or until firm.
- For shakes, in a blender, combine beer and 2 cups ice cream; cover
- and process until smooth. Pour into chilled glasses; top with
- whipped cream and pretzels. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 shake (calculated without whipped cream or pretzels) equals 615 calories, 37 g fat (23 g saturated fat), 125 mg cholesterol, 402 mg sodium,