Stork with Pacifier Treats Recipe
BUNDLES OF JOY will abound when you raise this baked delivery bird. Not only is the feathered friend a delicious bread, but it also included mini candy "pacifiers" to satisfy sweet tooths! What's more, you can easily make additional teething rings—even a second stork—if necessary to accommodate all your guests. CT's staff kept the treats simple by using purchased cookies and frozen bread dough.
- 1-1/2 pounds bread dough, thawed
- 1 large raisin
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 package (2 ounces) white fudge-covered chocolate grahams
- 1/3 cup vanilla or white chips, melted
- 17 assorted Life Savers
- 17 assorted jelly beans
- Cake-decorating sprinkles for pacifier (optional)
- Ribbon-1-1/3 yards of 1-1/2-inch-wide novelty print and 7 inches of 1/8 -inch-wide white
- 20 -x16-inch serving board or platter
- Blue or pink gift wrap
- Clear cellophane for covering board
- 1. Cover the serving board with gift wrap, taping the wrap on the back side of board. Cover wrapped board with clear cellophane in the same way. Set board aside.
- 2. STORK: Divide bread dough into three 1/2-pound portions. Cut one portion in half.
- 3. For the stork's body, combine one large and one small portion of dough. Referring to the photo below left, form dough into a 9-in. kidney-bean shape on a greased baking sheet. Using a sharp knife, cut several 1-1/2- to 2-inch slits on the rounded left side of the body, forming the tail feathers.
- 4. Shape the remaining small portion of dough into two 7-1/2-inch ropes for legs. Place legs below the body. Bend left leg at a 90° angle 2-1/2- inches from the bottom, forming a foot. Using a sharp knife, make a 1-inch cut on each foot for toes.
- 5. Divide the remaining large portion of dough into three pieces. Roll two pieces together to form the heat. Divide the third piece into thirds. shape two of the pieces together into a 2-1/2-inch-long neck. Roll remaining piece into a 7-inch rope for beak. Fold rope in half.
- 6. Position the neck, head and beak on baking sheet, pinching the dough between the pieces to seal. Add the raisin for the eye. Cover dough and let it rise in a warm place until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 7. In a bowl, combine the egg and water. Brush over dough. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove bread to a wire rack to cool completely. Transfer to the covered board. Make a bow with the 1-1/2-inch-wide novelty print ribbon and tie around the stork's neck.
- 8. PACIFIERS: Dip one end of each chocolate graham into melted chips and attach a Life Saver. Dip one end of a jelly bean into chips and place in the Life Saver's hole. If desired, used melted chips to attach cake-decorating sprinkles to each graham.
- 9. Tie the 1/8-inch-wide white ribbon around the bottom of the stork's beak, attaching a pacifier at the same time. Arrange remaining pacifiers around stork on the serving board. Yield: 1 stork bread and 17 pacifiers.
Reviews for Stork with Pacifier Treats
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC