Stoney's Famous Rhubarb Crisp Recipe
We serve this recipe warm in a footed tulip sundae glass, topped with real whipped cream. Our guests really enjoy its rhubarb tang and old-fashioned goodness, and they have made it an often-requested specialty at the restaurant.—Stoney's Restaurant, Mankato, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1. In a bowl, combine sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon. Add rhubarb; toss. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and remaining flour; stir in butter. Sprinkle over rhubarb. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 198 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 128 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC