- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 cups chopped fresh or frozen rhubarb
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- In a bowl, combine sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and cinnamon. Add rhubarb; toss. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a bowl, combine brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda and remaining flour; stir in butter. Sprinkle over rhubarb. Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or until rhubarb is tender. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Stoney's Famous Rhubarb Crisp
Sort By :
"This has been our family favourite since it was published in Taste of Home 1994."
"I've been making this since it first appeared as a restaurant recipe request. I also think it better suited to a 7 x11 pan than 9 x13. It is good out of the pan but also looks fancy layered with whipped topping in a sundae glass."
"Harvested a TON of rhubarb and wanted something easy. Ran across this online recipe ..threw it together z(doubled it and added oatmeal to the topping) and it got RAVES!! Will make it again for our big family gathering"
"This was delicious! But better suited for an 11x7 baking dish, not a 13x9 one.~ Theresa"
"Very simple to make and delicious. But there is no way that this recipe will serve 10-12 people, especially if served in a sundae dish. I would guess that you could get 6-8 servings from recipe."