Stone Fruit Pie
You can use any type of stone fruit in this pie, shares Crystal Jo Bruns, Illiff, Colorado. I love combining white peaches with sour cherries!Crystal Jo Bruns, Iliff, Colorado
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2 cups fresh or frozen pitted tart cherries, thawed
- 3 medium nectarines, chopped
- 3 apricots, sliced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons cold butter, divided
- 6 to 7 tablespoons ice water
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a small bowl, combine the cherries,
- nectarines, apricots, sugar, cornstarch, 2 tablespoons flour and
- cinnamon; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine salt and remaining flour; cut in 3/4 cup
- butter until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, tossing with a fork
- until dough forms a ball. Divide dough into two portions so that one
- is slightly larger than the other. Roll out larger portion to fit a
- 9-in. pie plate; transfer pastry to pie plate. Add filling; dot with
- remaining butter.