- Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk flour and milk until smooth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Cover; cool to room temperature.
- Trace stocking pattern onto waxed paper; cut out. Arrange pattern
- over cake; with a sharp knife, cut out. Discard scraps. Transfer
- cake to a covered cake board.
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat
- in vanilla. Add milk mixture; beat for 10 minutes or until fluffy.
- Tint 2-1/2 cups frosting red; spread 1-1/2 cups red frosting over
- stocking portion of cake. Coat sides and top of stocking with red
- sugar. Spread or pipe white frosting over cuff; pipe remaining red
- frosting around edge of stocking. Sprinkle cuff with edible glitter.
- Fill stocking with cookies and candies. Yield: 14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 684 calories, 41 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 193 mg cholesterol, 318 mg sodium, 75 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.