Stirred Lemon Rice Custard Recipe
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1-1/2 quarts whole milk
- 9 large eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat rice and milk over low heat for 1 hour. combine eggs, sugar and salt. Slowly pour into hot rice mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, just until the mixture coats a metal spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in extract and peel. Place pan in the sink filled with ice for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove custard to a covered bowl and chill. Yield: about 16 servings.
1/2 cup: 199 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Stirred Lemon Rice Custard
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.