Stirred Lemon Rice Custard Recipe
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1-1/2 quarts whole milk
- 9 large eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat rice and milk over low heat for 1 hour. combine eggs, sugar and salt. Slowly pour into hot rice mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, just until the mixture coats a metal spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in extract and peel. Place pan in the sink filled with ice for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove custard to a covered bowl and chill. Yield: about 16 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 199 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 132 mg cholesterol, 154 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Stirred Lemon Rice Custard
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.