Stirred Lemon Rice Custard Recipe
- 2 cups cooked long-grain rice, chilled
- 1-1/2 quarts whole milk
- 9 large eggs, well beaten
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1. In a Dutch oven, heat rice and milk over low heat for 1 hour. combine eggs, sugar and salt. Slowly pour into hot rice mixture, stirring constantly. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, just until the mixture coats a metal spoon. Remove from the heat and stir in extract and peel. Place pan in the sink filled with ice for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove custard to a covered bowl and chill. Yield: about 16 servings.
1/2 cup: 199 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 154mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (23g sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Stirred Lemon Rice Custard
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.