- 1 pound beef top round steak
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium beef bouillon granules
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup diagonally sliced carrots, partially cooked
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- 15 fresh snow pea pods, trimmed
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 ounces thin spaghetti, cooked and drained
- Freeze steak just until firm; cut diagonally across grain into 1/4-in. strips. Combine the cornstarch, bouillon, water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a wok or large skillet, stir-fry meat and garlic in oil until meat is no longer pink. Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, onion, mushrooms, celery and green onions; stir-fry for 3 minutes. Add pea pods and water chestnuts; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add meat.
- Stir bouillon mixture and pour into skillet; cook and stir until thickened. Gently toss in spaghetti and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Steak Lo Mein in Taste of Home's Down-Home Diabetic Cookbook Annual 1995, p124
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stir-Fry Steak Lo Mein
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review