Stir-Fry Spinach Salad Recipe
I first served this at a party...it was an instant hit. I'm sure you and your family will like the slightly sweet-and-sour sauce in this unique salad.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice in a small bowl; set pineapple aside. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.)
- 2. In a skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add green pepper; stir-fry for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 3. Meanwhile, add brown sugar and cornstarch to pineapple juice. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth; gradually add to skillet Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- 4. On a large serving platter, arrange the spinach, pineapple and tomatoes. Top with chicken and green pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup: 230 calories, 8g fat (0 saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 480mg sodium, 53g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 21g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Stir-Fry Spinach Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC