- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 6 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1 cup cherry tomato halves
- Drain pineapple, reserving 3 tablespoons juice in a small bowl; set pineapple aside. (Discard remaining juice or save for another use.)
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in oil for 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Add green pepper; stir-fry for 2-4 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, add brown sugar and cornstarch to pineapple juice. Stir in the ketchup, vinegar and soy sauce until smooth; gradually add to skillet Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened.
- On a large serving platter, arrange the spinach, pineapple and tomatoes. Top with chicken and green pepper. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fry Spinach Salad in Country Chicken Cookbook 1995, p13
Reviews for Stir-Fry Spinach Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Recipes >
- Asian Salad Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Salad Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Salad Recipes >
- Fruit Salad Recipes >
- Quick Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Salads >
- Spinach Recipes >