The recipe for this delicious dish came from a Chinese student who lived with us.
- 1/4 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon sesame oil, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Dash pepper
- In a small skillet, saute beans in canola oil for 5 minutes. Add the soy sauce, sesame seeds, sesame oil if desired, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until beans are tender and evenly coated with soy sauce mixture. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fry Snap Beans in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p247
Reviews for Stir-Fry Snap Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 18, 2008
"Our family has a recipe similar to this one. We don't bother with the garlic or onion powder though, and they still turn out great. I would suggest buying a really good quaility soy sauce, it makes a difference!"