Stir-Fry Sesame Green Beans Recipe
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beans over medium-high heat in oil for 2 minutes. Add sweet pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add green onions and garlic; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- 2. Combine the soy sauce and ginger; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in apricots; cook and stir for 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in sesame oil and sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 cup) equals 135 calories, 6 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 463 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 fruit.