Looking for a different treatment for garden-fresh green beans? Try this stir-fried side dish. It's nicely seasoned with fresh ginger, sesame oil and sesame seeds. -Test Kitchen
- 1 pound fresh green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup julienned sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup sliced dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry beans over medium-high heat in oil for 2 minutes. Add sweet pepper and mushrooms; stir-fry 2 minutes longer. Add green onions and garlic; stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Combine the soy sauce and ginger; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Stir in apricots; cook and stir for 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; stir in sesame oil and sesame seeds. Serve immediately. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fry Sesame Green Beans in Light & Tasty June/July 2004, p27
Reviews for Stir-Fry Sesame Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review