Stir-Fry Rice Bowl Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add bean sprouts, spinach, water, soy sauce and chili sauce; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 2. Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- 3. Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- 4. Serve rice in bowls; top with vegetables. Drizzle with sesame oil. Top each serving with a poached egg. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 305 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Stir-Fry Rice Bowl
"This was hit with my family. Though I normally prepare my own vegetables, I used a packaged mix of fresh broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, and added some fresh snap peas. The recipe is so versatile, one could use nearly any combination. Everyone liked it so well, we had this 2 nights in row. Thanks for the great recipe!"
"This is yummy! I doubled the sauce but next time i will quadruple it."
"Beautiful dinner, perfect recipe for Instagram!"
"My husband loves spicy stir-fry dishes so when I saw the photo of this recipe I had to try it. The ingredients are staples in my kitchen, so it was easy for me to make right away. I agree that the addition of the poached egg in place of meat was great. The creaminess of the yoke complimented the spice from the chili paste. A delicious, low-calorie, nutritious, quick dinner that we will repeat!"
"My husband loves spicy stir-fry meals and the photo of this caught my eye immediately. The ingredients were staples in my kitchen, so I had to try it. I agree that the addition of a poached egg in place of meat was great. The yoke added a creaminess that complimented the heat from the chili paste. A fast, nutritious, and very yummy meal."
"I make a lot of stir fry, so this recipe was right down my alley. The interesting thing is the addition of a poached egg on top... I really like that idea, and as a volunteer field editor, I will rate this four stars."