Stir-Fry Rice Bowl Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 1 medium zucchini, julienned
- 1/2 cup sliced baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups hot cooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1. In a large skillet, heat canola oil over medium-high heat. Add carrots, zucchini and mushrooms; cook and stir 3-5 minutes or until carrots are crisp-tender. Add bean sprouts, spinach, water, soy sauce and chili sauce; cook and stir just until spinach is wilted. Remove from heat; keep warm.
- 2. Place 2-3 in. of water in a large skillet with high sides. Bring to a boil; adjust heat to maintain a gentle simmer. Break cold eggs, one at a time, into a small bowl; holding bowl close to surface of water, slip egg into water.
- 3. Cook, uncovered, 3-5 minutes or until whites are completely set and yolks begin to thicken but are not hard. Using a slotted spoon, lift eggs out of water.
- 4. Serve rice in bowls; top with vegetables. Drizzle with sesame oil. Top each serving with a poached egg. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 305 calories, 11g fat (2g saturated fat), 186mg cholesterol, 364mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 4g fiber), 12g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1 medium-fat meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Stir-Fry Rice Bowl
"My husband loves spicy stir-fry dishes so when I saw the photo of this recipe I had to try it. The ingredients are staples in my kitchen, so it was easy for me to make right away. I agree that the addition of the poached egg in place of meat was great. The creaminess of the yoke complimented the spice from the chili paste. A delicious, low-calorie, nutritious, quick dinner that we will repeat!"
"My husband loves spicy stir-fry meals and the photo of this caught my eye immediately. The ingredients were staples in my kitchen, so I had to try it. I agree that the addition of a poached egg in place of meat was great. The yoke added a creaminess that complimented the heat from the chili paste. A fast, nutritious, and very yummy meal."
"I make a lot of stir fry, so this recipe was right down my alley. The interesting thing is the addition of a poached egg on top... I really like that idea, and as a volunteer field editor, I will rate this four stars."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.