Stir Fry Chicken Lo-Mein Recipe
Get started stir-frying with this simple but scrumptious basic recipe. Follow our Test Kitchen’s handy step-by-step photos below for a spur-of-the-minute supper special enough to serve guests!
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 ounces uncooked angel hair pasta
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/4 cup salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, vinegar, hoisin sauce, ginger and garlic; set aside.
- 2. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 1 tablespoon oil for 5-8 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove with a slotted spoon. Drain pasta and set aside.
- 3. Stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in chicken and pasta; heat through. Sprinkle with peanuts. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC