- hot oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan,
- stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the red
- pepper, broccoli, carrot and water chestnuts; cook and stir until
- vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the
- pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup chicken mixture with 1/2 cup rice equals 318 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 572 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 21 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer