Stir-Fried Walnut Chicken Recipe
- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 5 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 3 cups cooked long grain rice
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Walnuts, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine 1 teaspoon cornstarch and 2 teaspoons soy sauce until smooth. Place the chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add soy sauce mixture. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In another bowl, combine the remaining cornstarch and soy sauce until smooth. Stir in the broth and ginger; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons hot oil until no longer pink; remove and keep warm. In the same pan, stir-fry onion and garlic in remaining oil until tender. Add the red pepper, broccoli, carrot and water chestnuts; cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir broth mixture and stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to the pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Stir-Fried Walnut Chicken(3)
Sort By :
Mine didn't turn out so well. But to be fair, I did slightly burn it.
Stir-Fried Walnut Chicken is a family favorite. I prepare it every couple of weeks. If the sauce is too thick, I simply add a couple tablespoons of
water or broth.
The chicken was delicious, but the sauce was too thick, more like a gravey. Perhaps cut back on the cornstarch to 1 tablespoon, and thicken a little more if necessary.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >