Stir-Fried Vegetables Recipe
- 2 medium green peppers, julienned
- 2 medium sweet red peppers, julienned
- 2 medium carrots, julienned
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. In a large skillet or wok, saute the peppers, carrots and broccoli in oil until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Combine soy sauce and ginger; add to pan with onion. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Combine cornstarch, broth and water until smooth; gradually stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Analysis: One 1/2-cup serving equals 183 calories, 308 mg sodium, 1 mg cholesterol, 20 gm carbohydrate, 4 gm protein, 1 gm fat. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 2 fat, 1/2 starch.