Stir-Fried Steak and Veggies Recipe
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, carrots and soy sauce mixture; cover and cook for 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied red wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Mike Ditka "The Coach" Cabernet Sauvignon CA 2011, a full-bodied, big bold cab with all of the dark fruit notes and structure that a great cab needs. Buy now and get 6 bottles, plus free shipping. Order Now
Reviews for Stir-Fried Steak and Veggies
Sort By :
This recipe is fabulous! I made it for the first time for supper and wouldn't change a thing, except for adding green peppers, fresh garlic , and patty pan squash. The sauce goes perfectly with the veggies and makes a delicious and satisfying dish! My family loved it and I'm sure I'll be making this recipe over and over again!
Excellent stir fry. My wife loved that I made this for dinner. This is my new go to recipe for steak and vegetables stir fry.
Added a bag of frozen sugar snap beans too.
This a very good and easy recipe. I did double the sauce and served on noodles. Soo good and the family loved it.
The chili powder gives just a hint of heat. Easy and yummy!