- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- Hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first eight ingredients until smooth; set aside.
- In a skillet or wok, stir-fry steak in oil for 3-5 minutes. Add broccoli, cauliflower, onion, carrots and soy sauce mixture; cover and cook for 8 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Steak and Veggies
"Very good. I didn't have cauliflower so I omitted that and added red pepper, celery and bamboo shoots. Will definitely make again!"
"This recipe is fabulous! I made it for the first time for supper and wouldn't change a thing, except for adding green peppers, fresh garlic , and patty pan squash. The sauce goes perfectly with the veggies and makes a delicious and satisfying dish! My family loved it and I'm sure I'll be making this recipe over and over again!"
"Excellent stir fry. My wife loved that I made this for dinner. This is my new go to recipe for steak and vegetables stir fry."
"Added a bag of frozen sugar snap beans too."
"This a very good and easy recipe. I did double the sauce and served on noodles. Soo good and the family loved it."
"The chili powder gives just a hint of heat. Easy and yummy!"
"This recipe is easy and very good!"
"The sauce is perfect with the right amount of veggies and meat. I cut back on the meat and add more veggies and you use whatever you have on hand. I've made 3 times in two weeks and this will definitely be the new base for my stir fries."