Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch, water, soy sauce, brown sugar and seasonings until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Stir-fry vegetables in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies
Sort By :
"I'm sorry, but it doesn't take that long to grate some fresh ginger, which keeps quite well in the fridge - and mince fresh garlic! Plus, chili powder? The taste was acceptable, but needed red pepper flakes rather than chili powder and the 'texture', with all the powdered seasonings, was powdery/grainy. Also, fresh veggies take only a few minutes to chop."
"This has become a regular to our weekly menu."
"I doubled the sauce and our family loved it!"
"This was a very tasty and simple recipe. The whole family loved it. Will definitely make this again."
"After reading the comments of others, I tried this recipe but substituted fresh vegetables. I used cubed chicken breast instead of steak. I added a little crushed red pepper. We loved it! I rated it 4 stars because the frozen vegetables would have been mushy, as someone else previously commented. I will definitely make this again!"