- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch, water, soy sauce, brown sugar and seasonings until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Stir-fry vegetables in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies
Sort By :
"My family love this recipe. I will be making it quite a bit. The only thing I would do different next time is add another pack of vegetables."
"I'm sorry, but it doesn't take that long to grate some fresh ginger, which keeps quite well in the fridge - and mince fresh garlic! Plus, chili powder? The taste was acceptable, but needed red pepper flakes rather than chili powder and the 'texture', with all the powdered seasonings, was powdery/grainy. Also, fresh veggies take only a few minutes to chop."
"This has become a regular to our weekly menu."
"I doubled the sauce and our family loved it!"
"This was a very tasty and simple recipe. The whole family loved it. Will definitely make this again."