Here's a stir-fry that's even faster than Chinese takeout. It's easy, filling and a winner every time. And it can be ready in under 30 minutes for tonight! —Vicky Priestley, Alum Creek, West Virginia
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch, water, soy sauce, brown sugar and seasonings until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Stir-fry vegetables in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies in Healthy Cooking February/March 2009, p55
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review