Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked Minute® Brown Rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, brown sugar and seasonings. Stir in water and soy sauce until smooth; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok coated with cooking spray, stir-fry beef in 1 tablespoon oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. Stir-fry vegetables in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to the pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add beef; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies(12)
Sort By :
I'm sorry, but it doesn't take that long to grate some fresh ginger, which keeps quite well in the fridge - and mince fresh garlic! Plus, chili powder? The taste was acceptable, but needed red pepper flakes rather than chili powder and the 'texture', with all the powdered seasonings, was powdery/grainy. Also, fresh veggies take only a few minutes to chop.
This has become a regular to our weekly menu.
I doubled the sauce and our family loved it!
This was a very tasty and simple recipe. The whole family loved it. Will definitely make this again.
After reading the comments of others, I tried this recipe but substituted fresh vegetables. I used cubed chicken breast instead of steak. I added a little crushed red pepper. We loved it! I rated it 4 stars because the frozen vegetables would have been mushy, as someone else previously commented. I will definitely make this again!
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >