- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant brown rice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen stir-fry vegetable blend, thawed
- Cook rice according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix cornstarch, water, soy sauce, brown sugar and seasonings until smooth.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add beef; stir-fry until no longer pink. Remove from pan. Stir-fry vegetables in remaining oil until crisp-tender.
- Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1-2 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return beef to pan; heat through. Serve with rice. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Steak & Veggies
"This was quick and easy and delicious too! I enjoy making dinner every night but sometimes it is nice to NOT be in the kitchen for hours and still enjoy a good meal."
"This sauce is so delicious and was not too sweet. I followed suggestions from others reviews and doubled the sauce. I used red pepper flakes instead of chili powder and 2 cloves of fresh garlic instead of the powder. I also used fresh vegetables: onion , sliced carrots, sliced mushrooms and broccoli florets which took extra time but is so worth it. I used Costco deli chicken breast meat as that was what I had on hand. I do not like Minute Rice, so I used regular long grain rice instead. I topped this with some nuts and it was wonderful!!!I will definitely be making this recipe again, using my adjustments. Next time I plan to add some water chestnuts and try it with the beef. The flavor of this sauce is so good, and the left-overs were great too. Thank you for sharing this recipe that can be adapted in so many ways. Just remember to double the sauce!"
"Very good. I also used fresh ginger and garlic, and red pepper flakes. But don't think it's necessary to scold someone for using quick ingredients in a quick recipe! And I don't like instant rice, so I used regular brown rice, which does add to the prep time, but that's okay!Next time I might try some enoki mushrooms."
"We loved this recipe. I also doubled the sauce and used fresh mushrooms, onions, red and green bell peppers and broccoli. If I had snow peas It would have been a good addition. Thanks for the post I love recipes that you can be creative with."
"My family love this recipe. I will be making it quite a bit. The only thing I would do different next time is add another pack of vegetables."