Scallops add interest to this mild tomato-based stovetop supper from Stephany Gocobachi of Novato, California. Try serving the saucy mixture over rice or angel hair pasta...and garnish with cilantro if you like, suggests Stephany.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta or rice, optional
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic in hot oil
- until tender. Add scallops; stir-fry until scallops turn opaque. Add
- tomatoes; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve over pasta or rice if
- desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup stir-fry mixture (calculated without pasta or rice) equals 246 calories, 8 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 575 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 fat.