Served over quick-cooking ramen noodles, this stir-fry is perfect for busy families on hurried weeknights. Not only do we love the taste, but it comes together in about half an hour. #151;Barbara Schindler of Napoleon, Ohio
- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound sea scallops, halved horizontally
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Discard seasoning package from ramen noodles or save for another use. Cook ramen noodles according to package directions; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus and red pepper in oil for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add green onions and garlic, stir fry 1 minute longer. Stir in scallops. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; stir into skillet. Serve with ramen noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Scallops and Asparagus in Light & Tasty April/May 2005, p27
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Scallops and Asparagus
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review