- 1 package (3 ounces) chicken ramen noodles
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound sea scallops, halved horizontally
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Discard seasoning package from ramen noodles or save for another use. Cook ramen noodles according to package directions; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry asparagus and red pepper in oil for 2 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Add green onions and garlic, stir fry 1 minute longer. Stir in scallops. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until scallops are firm and opaque.
- Combine the lime juice, soy sauce, sesame oil and hot pepper sauce; stir into skillet. Serve with ramen noodles. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Scallops and Asparagus
"This was very easy to prepare. I used 1/3 red, yellow & orange pepper to add color...it wasn't abundantly flavorful but I love scallops--I'd probably add more hot sauce next time-but there will be a next time"
"Other than swapping the peppers for shredded carrots, I followed the recipe to the letter. My entire family loved it. It was quick, had a great flavor, and healthy to boot!"