Stir-Fried Scallops Recipe
Scallops add interest to this mild tomato-based stovetop supper from Stephany Gocobachi of Novato, California. Try serving the saucy mixture over rice or angel hair pasta...and garnish with cilantro if you like, suggests Stephany.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 pound sea scallops, halved
- 2 medium plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Hot cooked pasta or rice, optional
- In a nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry onion and garlic in hot oil until tender. Add scallops; stir-fry until scallops turn opaque. Add tomatoes; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Stir in lemon juice, salt and pepper. Serve over pasta or rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Scallops in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p42
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Scallops(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >