Stir-Fried Lemon Chicken Recipe
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Stir in the soy sauce, sherry or broth and lemon juice until smooth. Add the chicken and lemon peel; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Add the broth, salt, pepper and remaining ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 3. In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry peppers in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the skillet and keep warm. In the same pan, cook chicken mixture in remaining oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in peppers and onions. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 615 calories, 25 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,123 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 41 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.