Stir-fry is such a terrific entree to serve to guests because the main ingredients can be cut up and refrigerated in advance. This recipe created in out Test Kitchen has a wonderful lemon flavor.
Recommended: 30 Ways to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- 4 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sherry or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1-1/4 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 green onions, sliced
- In a large bowl, combine the cornstarch and 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Stir in the soy sauce, sherry or broth and lemon juice until smooth. Add the chicken and lemon peel; toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the rice; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until rice begins to brown. Add the broth, salt, pepper and remaining ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry peppers in 2 tablespoons oil until crisp-tender. Remove from the skillet and keep warm. In the same pan, cook chicken mixture in remaining oil until chicken juices run clear. Stir in peppers and onions. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Lemon Chicken in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p182
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Lemon Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review