In no time at all, Lapeer, Michigan's Heidi Wilcox stir-fries everyday green beans with garlic and a variety of herbs and spices for this well-seasoned side dish.
Recommended: 44 Ways to Get More Leafy Greens in Your Life
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups cut fresh green beans
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry garlic in butter for 1 minute. Add the beans; stir-fry 3 minutes longer. Stir in the parsley, basil, salt, oregano and cayenne; stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until beans are crisp-tender. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Green Beans in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p13
Reviews for Stir-Fried Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review