Stir-Fried Chicken Marinara Recipe
This hearty dish is chock-full of chicken and vegetables. "I'm always looking for ways to lighten up menus," notes Bonnie Buckley of Kansas City, Missouri, who sent the recipe.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry red wine or additional chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon each dried basil and thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch strips
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 1 medium green or sweet yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 small eggplant, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch cubes (about 3 cups)
- Hot cooked spaghetti
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain tomatoes, reserving the juice. Set the tomatoes aside. In a bowl, combine the cornstarch, tomato sauce, chicken broth, wine or additional broth, seasonings and reserved juice until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken and garlic in hot oil until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. In same skillet, stir-fry onion and pepper for 4 minutes. Add eggplant; stir-fry for 4-5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir sauce; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add chicken and tomatoes; heat through. Serve over pasta. Top with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Stir-Fried Chicken Marinara in Light & Tasty
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Chicken Marinara(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Chicken Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >