Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 4 boneless skinned chicken breast halves cut in thin strips
- 3/4 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1 small mild onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 small green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Picante sauce
- Sour cream
- 1. In heavy plastic bag, combine chicken strips and dressing; refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Drain.
- 2. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; stir-fry chicken strips and onions for 2 minutes. Add pepper strips and mushrooms; cook and stir until chicken is done and peppers are tender-crisp. Season with garlic salt, lemon juice and salt and pepper as desired. Serve in warm tortillas. Top with picante sauce and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Diabetic Exchanges: One serving equals 3 protein, 1 vegetable, 1 bread; also, 326 calories, 694 mg sodium, 78 mg cholesterol, 21 gm carbohydrate, 29 gm protein, 14 gm fat.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas
"I have used this recipe for nearly 20 years. It's the best!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.