Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 4 boneless skinned chicken breast halves cut in thin strips
- 3/4 cup bottled Italian dressing
- 1 small mild onion, sliced, separated into rings
- 1 small green pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small red pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 small yellow pepper, sliced in strips
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon or lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Picante sauce
- Sour cream
- In heavy plastic bag, combine chicken strips and dressing; refrigerate several hours or overnight, turning bag occasionally. Drain.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium high heat; stir-fry chicken strips and onions for 2 minutes. Add pepper strips and mushrooms; cook and stir until chicken is done and peppers are tender-crisp. Season with garlic salt, lemon juice and salt and pepper as desired. Serve in warm tortillas. Top with picante sauce and sour cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Chicken Fajitas(2)
Sort By :
I can be a quick cook when I have to but, I could not come close to getting the preparation of this dish done in 20 min. nor did I get it cooked in 10 minutes. If I would pay for those precooked chicken strips (and I would not) I might have been able to do this more quickly because the chicken would have been cooked. I cut everything in small strips so it would cook more quickly but it still took me 20 minutes to cook it and it took me 35 to prep. With raw chicken, there is so much clean up just to chop things up, wash them off and change utensils and cutting boards. Between that and washing all of the peppers and mushrooms first, it took me quite a while. I liked the taste though and would make it again. I would just prepare in a different manner. I don't think the marinade is necessary although all of the spices and seasonings would be good put in while frying. I would wash and cut all of my veggies the night before and I would have used leftover chicken I already had cooked for another meal and frozen. Much quicker. Less mess.
I have used this recipe for nearly 20 years. It's the best!
More Recipe Collections
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fajitas >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Chicken Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >