Stir-Fried Chicken and Rice Noodles Recipe
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, wine or broth and sesame oil until smooth. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Add the broth, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder to remaining marinade; set aside.
- 2. Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons canola oil until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- 3. Stir-fry broccoli in remaining canola oil for 5 minutes. Add the onions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 3-5 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender. Return chicken to the pan. Stir reserved broth mixture and stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
1 cup equals 293 calories, 10 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 498 mg sodium, 22 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.