Stir-Fried Chicken and Rice Noodles Recipe
- 2-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 ounces uncooked thick rice noodles
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 2/3 cup chopped green onions
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, soy sauce, wine or broth and sesame oil until smooth. Pour 1/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes. Add the broth, sugar, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder to remaining marinade; set aside.
- Cook rice noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain and discard marinade from chicken. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons canola oil until juices run clear; remove and keep warm.
- Stir-fry broccoli in remaining canola oil for 5 minutes. Add the onions, garlic and ginger; stir-fry 3-5 minutes longer or until broccoli is tender. Return chicken to the pan. Stir reserved broth mixture and stir into pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Drain noodles; toss with chicken mixture. Garnish with peanuts. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Chicken and Rice Noodles(5)
Sort By :
I made this and was very excited. It was pretty good the first night but the second time we didn't like it. Could be because I didn't have cornstarch and used flour instead. There was more than enough sauce to cover the noodles. I don't feel like there could have been more.
I used this recipe to break in my new Scanpan wok that was an early Christmas present. Have to say, I loved this recipe! The broccoli soaked up the flavor of the sauce perfectly and marinating the chicken brought out the flavors even more! I would marinate the chicken for a bit longer next time though, just to amp up the flavors more, also maybe add some carrots into the mix too.
Very delicate flavor and quick & easy to make. I like to add more vegetables (carrots, snow peas, even sprouts) and reduce the noodles. Very yummy!
We really liked the marinating sauce used in this recipe! Even though I had never stir-fried before, this recipe seemed easy enough to follow and turned out great! I will definatly make it again
I thought this recipe was pretty good, and my family seemed to enjoy it too. The rice noodles were a litte hard to find at the store, but my mom found them eventually. This is definetly a keeper.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken and Rice >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >