Stir-Fried Chicken and Noodles Recipe
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1. In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 3/4 cup. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil for 6 minutes. Add cabbage and peas; stir-fry 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture. Return chicken to the pan; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups equals 258 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 672 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 20 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.