- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3/4 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 4 teaspoons canola oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 2 cups julienned carrots
- 2 cups shredded Chinese or napa cabbage
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 6 ounces spaghetti, broken
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- In a bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside 3/4 cup. Place chicken in a large resealable plastic bag; add remaining marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large nonstick skillet or wok, stir-fry chicken in 2 teaspoons oil for 3-5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove and keep warm. stir-fry broccoli and carrots in remaining oil for 6 minutes. Add cabbage and peas; stir-fry 3 minutes longer or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine cornstarch and reserved marinade until smooth; add to vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. drain pasta; stir into vegetable mixture. Return chicken to the pan; cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Stir-Fried Chicken and Noodles
Sort By :
This is an easy and healthy recipe. I followed the recipe, except I added more garlic and mushrooms. Enjoyed it and will make again.
Turned out great! I was worried there wasn't enough sauce, but it was fine.
Takes alittle time to prepare but well worth it. Very light & tasty.
I only had low sodium beef broth on hand and using this resulted in a more intense color and flavor--very close to Chinese restaurant lo mein. I love this recipe because I can adjust the vegetable content.
More Recipe Collections
- Asian Dinners >
- Asian Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Stir Fry >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fried Chicken Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >