For a colorful side dish that’s as good for you as it is good, Grace Yaskovic cooks up these fast and fail-proof carrots with rosemary fresh from her garden. “It’s my hubby Tom’s favorite way to do carrots,” she shares, “and it just happens to be healthy, too!”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh carrots, julienned
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet or wok, stir-fry carrots in oil until
- crisp-tender. Stir in the broth, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2-3 minutes or until
- liquid is reduced. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 106 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 176 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.